Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Nothing's Happening

I've been wanting to blog about something, but the problem that I've had is that there hasn't been anything of significance to write about. Then it hit me: nothing happening is something happening!

That means that we have reached some 'normality' here in fair Germany. Things are unremarkable. We have an everyday lifestyle that is unchanging. Let me talk you through our days. First, there are two types of days. One is when I am working and the other is the other kind.

A. Working days. These days also vary, but the pattern is the same. Today I am working nights (7pm-7am) so take it as an example. I wake up at 3pm plus or minus an hour. Sarah's already been up for 7 hours. She is likely to be out working out and picking up fresh bread for my sandwiches I'll bring for lunch. I read the newspaper ads that are dropped off several times a day at our house. I then read the news on the internet trying to find out what's the latest with K-Fed and Brit. We eat dinner and I leave for work, getting there at 6:45. I stay in my chair for 12 hours until the guy I relieved comes back. I go home and go to sleep.

B. The other days. These are usually spent sleeping, playing scrabble and talking about what trips we'll take during the next set of days I don't work. However that schedule has begun to cut into our actually traveling.

So that is our new normality. Seems a lot like normality anywhere in the world.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ahh... Beach I think you left out some very important details... like who exactly has scored the highest single word score in scrabble lately??!!

Ashley O said...

But what do you do in this chair until the guy comes to releave you? Isn't your but a little tired from sitting for 12 hours?