Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Bottle feeding


I hear that if you don't give a kid a bottle, after a while they won't take one. That would result in us never being able to leave Liam for more than a few hours at a time in his first year. And while I love that kid, I think there has to be some time when Sarah and I go out on our own. So in preparation for that, I heated up a bottle of milk and sat down to feed little Liam.

I think I saw a documentary where they nursed an alligator back to health by hand feeding it from a bottle. I'd also have to assume that it wasn't as dangerous as it sounded because the alligator's teeth wouldn't have come in yet if it was still nursing from its mother.

If some veteran can feed a baby lizard, I am sure I can feed my own son. It turns out all babies like milk. I successfully fed our boy and will be able to go out on a long date eventually.

By the way, it was a former military member who nursed the alligator and not some animal doctor.

1 comment:

Mom of 3 Boys said...

bottles are a GREAT thing
:-)