Sunday, June 08, 2008

It's a Big Day


Beach's younger brother Lanny (right) graduates from high school today. When I met Beach, Lanny was a cute little kid - 7 years old - and now he's all grown up. Does this mean Beach and I are old? Probably.
Lanny's an amazing artist and was awarded a scholarship by his high school's art department. He'll be futher honing his skills when he starts classes at the University of Wisconsin at Stout this fall. (Go Blue Devils!) Thinking about college makes me nostalgic for the days when there was a world of opportunity in front of me and I had no responsibility to anyone but myself. Words of advice, Lanny, make it last as long as you can.

Congratulations, Lanny. We're there with you in spirit!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS TO LANNY FROM THE MASSACHUSETTS FANS. WE WISH YOU ALL THE BEST.

NANCY AND BARRY

Unknown said...

Did they eat that fish for dinner? Did it fill them up?