Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The After-party


After the promotion we went to Nationals Park to attend the greatest deal ever. Free tickets had been handed out to people (Andi got a bunch for the after party) to try the food at the park before the season started.

The concept seemed good, but I'm not sure it proved that they were ready for the opening of the baseball season/ I do know it allowed me to eat like a true hog. Even Finn ate two hot dogs, lemonade, and ice cream.

He was in heaven. He ate hot dogs, ran around, and did it all at the stadium. It doesn't get better than that for a boy. Unless it involves a baseball cap cup, from which all food requiring a bowl will be eaten forevermore.

My concern is that it is a Nationals' cup. I'd hate for him to learn to accept losing (0-7 to start the season) as a fact of life. We tried to avoid that by moving away from the Bengals, but the Nats may be an even bigger threat.

No comments: