Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Beach goes on H&M shopping spree


Sarah told me that I was in a fashion rut. Well,nothing cuts to the quick faster than insulting a man's fashion, so I began a new mission. I would create a new look for myself, throwing my old clothes to the wind like a Reds' lead in the 8th inning.

After work today, we packed up the Civic and went downtown to the H&M for a wild German shopping spree. After an endless amount of time (2 hours and 30 minutes), I walked out with 2 pants, 3 shirts, and 3 other button-up shirts.

My new look is an acknowledgement of growing older and being a father now. To paraphrase my fashion growth inspiration, Jay-Z:

Fresh to death, head to toe until the day I rest
I don't wear tees, I'm 30+
Give me a relatively wrinkle-free pair of linen pants, friends,
and a button-up
...
I'm going to get my grown man on.

The trip ended back home with a fashion show where I modeled my new look to much rejoicing. I am pretty happy with the results, but now realize that I can't go to more than 3 events that require nappy attire. I'd start to repeat which is clearly unacceptable to either me or Jay-Z. Maybe a trip back to H&M is in order soon.

6 comments:

The Daily Squink said...

Pictures! We need pictures! Congratulations on getting your grown man on.

And, not to be a grammar stickler, but I think you mean "natty", not "nappy"! Funny how those two words are almost identical, yet completely opposite...

Anonymous said...

yes we do need pictures! I hope you got the hat and scarf too!

Jeff said...

Don't you mean that your clothes are "nappy hos"

Beach said...

Yes, all the commentary about nappy in the news must have made me slip up. I did mean natty. I hope I don't get fired for my clearly inappropriate comments.

The Daily Squink said...

You're such a racist!

Andi said...

Beach...maybe you can take Chuck shopping when you return to the states.