Thursday, November 01, 2007

Copy of Police Report Obtained

There were a few interesting points to the report.

1. Blame was squarely assessed to the woman that hit me.
2. She was ticketed for ACDA (being too close) and not having a licence, no mention of insurance.
3. The guy in front of me wrote that he stopped to "wate" for the bus.
4. I filled in my phone number and address wrong. Perhaps my head trauma was worse than I suspected.

Here is the woman-who-hit-me's version of the story. I thought it was a Haiku until there were 10 syllables in the last line.


"The guy stopped. It's not my fault.
the guy in the truck
I have to take my baby to my doctor."

The police seemed to overlook the fact THAT SHE HAS NO INSURANCE AND THAT IS AGAINST THE LAW!!!! I'm glad they sited her for following too closely for conditions, but negligent operation of a motor vehicle seems more the case. Given that it was about 5 seconds between my stopping and getting hit and she was going 30+ miles an hour, her following distance was at least 120 feet. That should be plenty far if you are pay attention or use your brake. By the way, they checked her brakes and they did work.

Here is what I should have given as my statement had I ignored giving details and caught on to the Haiku requirement.


Morning mist, stopped behind bus
Bang and shattered glass
Quiet, smoke, and bloody head

4 comments:

The Daily Squink said...

My eyes are tearing up at the beauty of your haiku.

As for the police report, how can this be!? They totally ignored the fact that she didn't have insurance? Did they feel sorry for her or something because she's a woman with a baby? Or because she was an immigrant? WTF!

Jeff said...

Read the blog’s haiku today
Poetic Justice?
I will miss the Civic's stink

JDSouthpaw said...

On one hand, I'm shocked at the incompetence of how the police handled this whole thing. On the other hand, I feel that I almost should expect this sort of stupidity because People Suck. No, really, they do...I've had it looked into.

If anybody needs me, I'll be wateing in the truck.

Beach said...

7-5-7?
Haikus are 5-7-5
I'm an idiot