Sunday, November 04, 2007

Finn's fancy new hat


I was going to put the pictures of Rowan's visit to our place a week or so ago, but they were identical to the ones shown on The Daily Squink so I thought it may not be necessary. Instead I'll talk about Finn's new hat. It's a blue corduroy messenger cap and it's quite fetching. His lady friend thinks it's pretty nice too. They each wore their charming hats on a recent walk to protect them from the cool morning air.


Sarah and Finn are off to New England, home of the world champion Boston Red Sox who are originally from Cincinnati. That's not quite right; the Cincinnati Red Stockings were disbanded and a new team formed in Boston the next year called the Boston Red Stockings that was comprised of largely the same players. They eventually became the Boston (Milwaukee and Atlanta) Braves. An American League team formed in Boston in 1901 and changed their name to the Red Sox in 1907 to honor the original Boston American League team. I guess that I'm just searching for a way to connect Cincinnati to a winning baseball team.

As I was saying, Finn got a new hat. It's blue.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The hat is great
The pictures on the sqink are good too,
but I think Sarah and Finn better get home...
I think you need some entertainment beyond your mind full of trivia...

Anonymous said...

The hat IS fetching! He is the cutest grandson ever.

The Daily Squink said...

I keep thinking that Finn is going to bust out in a cockney accent.

"Allo, Gov'na!"