Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Laying a Wreath at the Tomb of the Unknowns

A great honor I had in early January was to be part of a wreath laying ceremony at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldiers. Our office took an afternoon off to come together and pay homage to those who have sacrificed.

It was an appropriately grey day, with low diffused light.


After the laying of the wreath and the playing of Taps, we gathered for a group picture. Since being at the Academy, the playing of Taps has evokes an emotional response in me. This wasn't an exception.


It was an experience that I won't forget and am very grateful to have been able to participate in.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you are an amazing guy. Cool opportunity. Nice post.

love you...

nancy

Anonymous said...

Since being at the Academy, "Welcome to the Jungle" by Guns N' Roses sparks an emotional response in me...only for different reasons.

I think laying the wreath is something everybody should see.