Sunday, January 27, 2008

DC for Business and Pleasure

Last week I had to go to Washington DC for business and Sarah and Finn came with to explore the nation's capitol. I know that you would love to hear me describe the meetings in colorful detail, but I think that I will stick to Finn and Sarah's experience.

We drove out together Tuesday afternoon and came back Friday morning, just making it back into town for the hockey game that evening. The drive was fine with limited complaints from the boy. Like most 1 year old kids, his favorite road food is Wendy's chili and baked potato. Sarah said that her favorite part of the drive was looking the the rear-view mirror and seeing me and Finn asleep. Of course she couldn't take a picture of the back seat while driving, but I can assure you that it something like this artist's (my) rendition.



While I was off at a meeting Sarah took Finn on a tour of all the hot spots. She also brought the camera and took lots of photos.

He liked the amethyst at the Natural History museum. Sarah says that was because he could touch it and it was purple. Personally, I think he admired the regular rhombohedral crystalline lattice structure. His other favorite was the set of lights flashing out words in the art museum. I figured that he just liked the blinking lights, but Sarah claims he appreciated the artistic statement of the transparency and hollowness of words in the modern world's media bombardment and 24-hour news cycle.

That could be, but what he really liked was the big fish at the hotel that he could feed each morning and evening. They would come right up to his feet and open their mouths for fish pellets. Finn saw that the fish liked the pellets so much that he figured they would taste good to him. It turns out they don't.

5 comments:

Beach said...

For anyone that wants to ask if I have any plans to go back to work, the answer is a resounding NO! And this is why.

Sarah (using Beach's alias)

The Daily Squink said...

Love the PPT illo. Maybe we could use you as a contractor at Bing?

Beach said...

if only i could igure out flash animation i could be the next viral video sensation or South Park.

Unknown said...

The photos are wonderful! Finn looks super excited to be at the Nation's Capital!

Anonymous said...

Sweet Fro. - J