Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Vaudeville training

Finn has begun singing and dancing to his player piano. Both his singing and dancing skills seem to come from mimicking me and contains little of the grace or mastery that Sarah displays when dancing.

The singing is a clear copy of my favorite method to sing along to a song. During the musical portion, I repeat the word "doo" as in "doo doo doo doo". I take this as another warning of watching what I do in front of Finn to make sure he doesn't copy all of my mannerisms.

The dancing contains every element of rhythm that I have, mainly none. What he lacks in being on-beat, he makes up in over-enthusiasm. Much like me.

This is maybe our favorite video yet.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The best!! Thanks for bringing a smile to my day.

Meme

Mom of 3 Boys said...

by the 3rd time, even i was smiling and laughing. thanks :)

Anonymous said...

I've seen you dance like that at the office.

Anonymous said...

my fav is the 'YAHHHH" at the end of all the DOO DOOs!

The non-dance-but-enthusiastic gene is a strong one, my son.

Ma beach