Monday, December 29, 2008

Embassy Suite Fish

The Embassy Suites where we stayed when we first got into town was nice which we knew since we had stayed there before. They have a giant fish pool in the breakfast area that Finn liked, but now goes crazy for.

This is probably a preview of all the fish tanks, terrariums, turtles, hamsters, and the like that we'll have to have with him. I know I had (and still have to some varying degree) those things.

A smart move was when my mom convinced me that in late summer we needed to return to the pond the painted turtle I caught and brought home earlier in the year. She said that she didn't know what would happen when winter came and it couldn't hibernate in the cage. At the time it seemed completely reasonable, but in hindsight I know she saw it as the last opportunity to get rid of it without tears and trauma. It was a brilliant manipulation of the situation and I hope I can pull something like that off too one day.

Until then, I set myself up by showing him how cool big fish ponds are.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

On the other hand, let's not forget mom's not so subtle rejection of the offer of the baby snake your playmate from the other condo made. Both are valuable tools for parents. PaBeach