Monday, November 17, 2008

Going away party: Part one

As the day we'll move approaches (it's still not definite), the going away parties have begun. The fist one was from the hockey team. It was a very special night for me and meant a lot. Players that I had for one year five years ago came to wish me well. Players who hadn't even played hockey in a couple years came by to say good-bye.



There were a lot of nice things said and I had a lot of nice things to say about the players, parents and association. I'll really miss the whole experience, including the early morning practices. I wish the best luck to the teams, from bantam to varsity on their seasons. They are filled with talent and people are expecting big things this year.

Sarah and Finn were there with me and Finn had a great time. In fact, he was the life of the party and crawled up on the pool table and became the literal center of attention. He was fantastic the whole time, even when he got away and almost made it into the kitchen before I caught him.


Thanks again to the team for their constant support. I'll stay in contact and watch the season from afar.

1 comment:

Mom of 3 Boys said...

Beach
that is great that you volunteer. my husband has coached K-2 basketball a few years ago and the kids still remember him. it's so nice.