Sunday, November 23, 2008

Poop adventure, Number 2

We've had a couple poop adventures that rivaled the misery of the McDonald's incident. The first is a tale of a visit to Carter's to shop for some clothes and then a trip to Gymboree for some bopping and hopping.

Finn had been acting a little shy all morning. I attributed it to shopping for clothes, which can drive any guy into his shell. Hoping to soothe his down spirits we moved into the line to check out of the store.

Apparently irritated that we didn't shove the lady ahead of us out of the way and check ourselves out, the lady behind us in line stood right on top of Finn and me, literally.

I heard a strange noise and looked down at Finn. He was in turn staring at a little puddle on the floor. I thought he had thrown up and began to get out the wipes to clean up. Then I noticed the horrible sight; it wasn't vomit.

I grabbed Finn and ran outside to clean him up. Of course we didn't have an extra set of clothes, but being at Carter's, we bought a new emergency set for him. His shoes, socks, pants, and undershirt were all ruined.

As I went back in with a naked baby to get the new clothes, I saw a peculiar sight. Sarah was hunched down over the woman's shoes who was behind us in line. She had been so close to us that Finn's poo ended up on the toe of her shoe. So in addition to cleaning the floor, Sarah had to wipe off a stranger's shoe.

Of course there was too much commotion to take a picture of the actual event, so I made this rendering of the incident.



Please keep this in mind next time you crowd someone or stand in their personal space. Karma has a way of balancing out these trespasses. People can do anything in their space and respecting it is good for both you and them.

6 comments:

Jackson said...

"I thought he had thrown up and began to get out the wipes to clean up. Then I noticed the horrible sight; it wasn't vomit."

I had always wondered, "which is worse, poopie or vomit?"

Thanks for clearing up this mystery.

Mom of 3 Boys said...

HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kim said...

I think that story alone could support the theory of karma. Except for the part where poor Sarah is cleaning that woman's poo shoe, of course. Way to go, Finn!

Angelica said...

Nice aim Finn!

The Daily Squink said...

Sarah should have said, "Next time, why don't you try this new thing called 'personal space', you beyotch." And then NOT wiped off her shoe.

Yeah, I probably would have wiped it off too. But still.

Anonymous said...

It is amazing which of your posts get the most comments! A good poop story seems to really resonate!