Thursday, July 24, 2008

Drawing pictures of animals

Finn likes drawing. It's one of his favorite things. We got him a Magna Doodle to use between Crayon drawings to keep him happy when we don't have time to set up at the table. There's a big holder thing to help him, but he likes to switch the colors so often that just holding the little crayon works better.


Here are a couple of pictures that he's drawing. There is a difference between his sketches in January to now. Here is an early one:

Not too shabby for a one-year-old, but things have progressed significantly since then.

Admittedly, the difference is not that significant in there appearance. However, he now tells us what is that he drew. This one, he says is a snake. All animals look roughly the same, but he is very adamant that some are snakes, some are dogs, and some are cows.

The latest development is that the strength of the drawing is increasing, the length he is attentive is increasing, and their is more intention in what is is doing.

Maybe someday he'll be like uncle Lanny, a great, creative artist going off to college to study art.

2 comments:

The Daily Squink said...

Dyur, drawing! Why didn't I think of that? I haven't even gotten Rowan any crayons yet, let alone encouraged him to scribble on paper. Because really. What kind of artist would encourage her son to explore drawing?

I guess in the back of my mind, I was thinking, Well, it's not like he can really draw anything that LOOKS like something yet, so why try? Sigh. I'm such a bad mother.

Jeff said...

This reminds me of a certain website.

Ding Ding. Here comes the s-mobile.

I know this is totally inappropriate, but I think we all have a shared love for that site.