Thursday, July 17, 2008

Real Time Update

It goes without saying that we're more than a little behind with our blogging lately; the posts you're seeing this week cover the happenings in mid-May. I figure we should be posting about July sometime in October, and about Christmas maybe by next June. In the meantime, I thought I'd provide a quick Finn update.


I took him for his 18-month checkup yesterday and it seems our tiny, preemie baby has finally caught up. He weighed in at just over 24 pounds and he now stands a whopping 34 inches tall. These figures are in the 25th and 90th (!) percentiles respectively compared to other little boys his age. Big steps for a kid that hovered in the less-than-5th percentile range for most of his first year. For the first time ever, I did not leave the appintment with instructions to feed him more. I guess his huge breakfasts are paying off. It seems he's got the tall, thin genes like his cousin Atticus (see Mostly Atticus Moe).


And a bonus surprise from the pediatrician: news that Finn's got not one, but two ear infections. Good times!




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seems he got the ear genes like his dad. -GPaBeach

Ashley O said...

I can't believe how big he's gotten! Time sure flies.

Anonymous said...

... and the ear genes of his mom. Way to go!

Meme